Postby welshman » Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:44 pm

Hugh Kerrigan married Anne Clancy.
They had 5 children.
Patrick 24/4/1871 Leitrim
Mary 25/9/1873 Leitrim
Hugh 28/8/1875 Leitrim
Daniel 6/2/1878 Laurun,Leitrim
John 4/5 1879 Mullenaleck,Leitrim

Can anyone throw any light on this family please?

welshman
How Long have you been doing Genealogy Research? (Years): 0

Postby welshman » Wed May 09, 2007 1:00 pm

I have now found out that Hugh and Anne were married on the 4th May 1870 in Kinlough Roman Catholic church.

Hugh Kerrigan was a farmer from Lareen townland and his father,who was also a farmer was Hugh Kerrigan.

Anne Clancy was a farmer from Mullinaleck townland and her father,who was also a farmer was Bernard Clancy.

The witnesses to this marriage were James Kerrigan and Mary Mulherin.
This marriage was recorded in Kinlough Registrs' District.

AnnNorth
Are you directly related to a Kerrigan?: Yes
How Long have you been doing Genealogy Research? (Years): 2
Which Kerrigan are you researching?: Miles Kerrigan

Re: Kerrigans from Leitrim

Postby AnnNorth » Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:31 pm

[i]Sept. 12, 2013 update: I have discovered that my 2nd great grandfather, Miles Kerrigan (or Kerryhan spelling) was married to Ann Fallon. In the 1870 and 1880 England census, they lived in Chorley and Cowpe Lench and Hall Carr, England. Miles was born in Ireland 1837 and Ann was born in Ireland abt. 1845. I believe they were from County Leitrim. They might have been related to Banan (or Bryan) Kerrigan (b. 1801) and wife, Alice (B. 1811) who were definitely from County Leitrim and relocated to Chorley sometime before 1850.
My goal is to find out the Irish location of my ancestry. Any help is appreciated.
Thank you for posting.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
June 2013
The only connection that I can see here is that I discovered that my ancestors were from Leitrim as well. Please see my post under my name, AnnNorth, from 2011.

Names were Banan Kerrigan and wife, Alice. Living in Western England about 1850. They had children, Patrick, Bernard, Timothy, Bridget, and John. I am not sure how they are related to me but they lived next door to my great great grandfather, Miles Kerrigan and his wife, Ann, in England. Children: Patrick, John, James, my grandmother--Mary Alice, and a baby girl. If you would like more details, please let me know.

Return to “General Discussion”