My Kerrigan family

Hudggy
Are you directly related to a Kerrigan?: No
How Long have you been doing Genealogy Research? (Years): 5
Which Kerrigan are you researching?: Patrick Kerrigan married Bridget McGowan Sligo

My Kerrigan family

Postby Hudggy » Mon May 30, 2005 9:05 am

My Kerrigan Family

Patrick Kerrigan
Bridget McGowan Wife
Charles Kerrigan son

Charles Kerrigan (above)
Elizabeth Claderwood Wife
Sarah Kerrigan Daughter
Maria Kerrigan Daughter
Charles Kerrigan Son
Hugh Kerrigan

Since I first posted this I have found Charles Snr Brother he stayed in Govan married there in 1886.
I believe that Stuart who posted on this site is related trying to contact him in hope that he knows
where the 2 brothers came from in Ireland.Brothers name is Patrick Kerrigan married Ellen Granger.
The post Stuart made had me look on Scotlandspeople where I found the marriage certificate which confirmed
the brothers parentage.
Yesterday 31/05/05 I made a local phone call in Glasgow just trawled the phonebook and made contact with a Lady called Kerrigan she had just been widowed last year but it turned out that her husband Thomas's Great Grandfather Patrick was the brother of My Great Grandfather Charles. I managed to find out from her that during Thomas the last time they had been over to Ireland visiting her own family who still stayed in the Dublin area. He made enquires about our ancesters our Greatgreat Grandfather Patrick and Bridget through the Church he found they lived on the farm at Cliffony Sligo. This has made my day I can now go there when I go accross later to visit in-laws in Tyrone. So sometimes the answers are nearer to home than you know it is worth looking in the local phonebook.

Hudggy

allan kerrigan

sligo

Postby allan kerrigan » Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:15 am

my father denis kerrigan was born in sligo in 1924.
he also lived in cornwall with his parents and several brothers and sisters.

Maybe the sligo farm was the same as my dads.

i can be contact at

allankerrigan2003@yahoo.co.uk

andy
How Long have you been doing Genealogy Research? (Years): 0

my family

Postby andy » Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:09 pm

Hello,
My names is andrew leighton kerrigan and i am trying to look up my family tree but the only information i have is
my greatgrandad is called charles kerrigan born 25/02/1912 in glasgow he was in the 1st world war and after that worked on the railways, he had 1 brother Harry and a sister anna her date of berth 12-12-1912 he also had another child which we think died very young his wife was called mary anne his parents were from the county of donegal im looking for more history but dont real no were to start looking i would be great full for any help as to were to start looking
I now live in cornwall

catherine fisher

Re: My Kerrigan family

Postby catherine fisher » Fri May 02, 2008 2:48 pm

Hi Huggy,

I think i have replied to you on another website do you have a john kerrigan in your family he married Anne Purdy on the 1st of January 1894 in belfast before they moved to Glasgow and settled in Shettleston they had a daughter Annie who was born in 1900 and died in 1932 she married Andrew Regan in 1922 but had my father in 1921 and gave him up to be raised by a family named druggan John Kerrigans parents were Robert Kerrigan and Mary Kerrigan (nee Woods) in your posting you mention Bridget McGowan what year was she born i also have mcgowans on my dad's side of the family

Regards
Cath

catherinefisher@aapt.net.au

Return to “General Discussion”