Kerrigan in Phila. PA

susan

Re: Kerrigan in Phila. PA

Postby susan » Mon May 11, 2009 3:47 pm

Patrick,
Finally I have success in finding the family. I went to familysearch.org then went to What's new, then clicked on See prototype which put you into their pilot program.I tried this program before a long time ago but now there is more information on it. It seems that Phila. is one of the first places on which they worked.
I had expressed the concern that maybe the story was wrong and found that the father and mother's names are wrong. The father's name is William Kerigan and the mother's name is Margaret. They are in the 1880 census Phila., PA with more children then we know about. The children are William, John, Ellen, Margaret, Mary, Hughey, and Annie. Also the next listing on the on the census is the aunt and and uncle, Ellen Daley and Hughey Carr. Just making this discovery all the better. The Ellen is my Ella Aloyuis Kerrigan.
Susan

Hammer

Postby Hammer » Tue May 12, 2009 1:02 am

Well, that sounds like you hit the jackpot. Now we can start tracing them back to Ireland. Now that gives us more things to check out. I will try and see what comes up under those names. Also there is a place in County Cork (Cobb) where a number of the Irish left from. They supposedly have records listing the names of those who left through there. I don't know if they are available on the net.

If you need any further help let me know. The name William Kerrigan seems to ring a bell with another entry to this string. Someone else was looking for a William Kerrigan in Philly.
Patrick

navigator
Are you directly related to a Kerrigan?: No
How Long have you been doing Genealogy Research? (Years): 0
Which Kerrigan are you researching?: francis kerrigan

Postby navigator » Tue May 12, 2009 9:52 pm

Patrick,
The place in County Cork you speak of is Cobh (pronounced cove) this might bring you better luck in your quest.

Hammer

Postby Hammer » Tue May 12, 2009 9:57 pm

Thanks for correcting my spelling. Is there a web site to the records that they have there. I recently received a booklet on various records availabe in Ireland. It however did not mention the place in Cobh.

Patrick Kerrigan

Hammer

Postby Hammer » Wed May 27, 2009 1:13 am

Susan, I was searching the web a couple of days ago. I decided to enter my name to see what might come up. I came across a webpage someone had submitted in regards to visiting village in County Mayo. He was looking for a farm that was in his family name.

Well, he found the farm and was referred to a Charles Kerrigan. His family search involved the following names: Kerrigan, Foy and Carr. That really caught my eye. The only problem is that I did not write down the name. It had something to do with a visit to a village in Mayo in the title.

Patrick.

Return to “General Discussion”