B. 1-7-05 Chicago IL
D. 4-23-79 Palatine IL
Great grandfather- John Fergus Kerrigan
B. 5-23-1875 LisadoonVarna, Co Clare IRE
D. 8-20-1944 Chicago IL USA
Great great grandfather- Fergus Kerrigan
B. ? IRE
D. ? IRE

My Grandfather had 3 brothers, and 3 sisters- Fergus, Vincent, Edward, Lucille, Viola, and Katherine

Stacey S

Thomas Kerrigan

Postby Stacey S » Sun Aug 08, 2004 5:29 am

g g g g grandfather was Thomas Kerrigan b. abt. 1788
his wife was Bridget b. 1790
children are
Ann b 1822
Thomas b 1823
Margaret b 1824
Bridget b 1826
Martin b abt. 1831
Michael b 1834
Elizabeth b 1836

They all Migrated to the USA on Dec 8, 1846 on the Sea Ship
Martin Kerrigan my(ggg grandfather) is where my tree starts but would like information on Thomas Kerrigan and his time he lived in Ireland.
I know he was a potato farmer but can't locate after coming to USA on census.

Nan75

Re: My family tree

Postby Nan75 » Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:13 pm

james007jk@aol.com wrote:My name is James Hugh Kerrigan as was my fathers and grandfathers.My father came from South Boston Ma.His grandfather was John Kerrigan who had a brother Peter who was in the Sanish-American war and was a world traveler.Their father was also Peter Kerrigan who came over on the ship called the Wave in 1861 from county Cork Ireland.His father was Hugh Kerrigan who also imigrated that same year we believe.Any infomation or questions? Please write

My maiden name was Ann Marie (Nancy) Kerrigan and I was born in South Boston to John Francis Kerrigan and Marie Eleanor MacDonnell. My grandfather, William Kerrigan immigrated from County Leitrim in 1878 and married my grandmother Sarah Donnellan of County Clare. They bought a house at 363 Dorchester Street, South Boston in the early 1900. I never knew any other Kerrigan's in the South Boston area. I have been unable to trace my grandfather, William Kerrigan to County Leitrim and wonder if the family moved from another part of Ireland. In the six times I have traveled to Ireland researching my family, I have been able to trace the MacDonnell's/McDonnell's and the Donnellan's but no luck with the Kerrigan's. Do you have any additional information on the County Cork Kerrigan's? Nancy

james kerrigan

looking for county of ireland my great grandparents came fro

Postby james kerrigan » Fri Aug 13, 2004 2:47 pm

My family tree started in Ireland , my greatgrandfather, martin j kerrigan was born around 1840, he married ellen flaherty from ireland, but I don't know if they were married in Ireland or the usa. They lived and raised their family in centralia penna. they had three children, william, bridget, and ellen. My grandfather was william he married mary coleman
also born in Ireland. They raised their family in moria penna. Their children were, martin,john,frances,william,peter, ellen, mary, celcelia, kitty. My father was william.

colin kerrigan

Postby colin kerrigan » Sun Aug 29, 2004 9:29 am

HI we live in Australia and our gggrandfather was in the civil war Austin kerrigan in late 1890 migrated to Australia

colin kerrigan

Indiana

Postby colin kerrigan » Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:07 am

My gggrandfathers wife and children migrated to Australia but he stayed behind after the civil war he served with the 149th Indiana he passed in 1904 and is buried in riverview cementry Auroa Indaina There are other kerrigans buried there as well does anyone have relatives the might have connection with Indaina
colin

Marie

Kerrigan Genealogy

Postby Marie » Sun Oct 03, 2004 2:07 am

Hello - my name is Marie Ventura and Kerrigan is my maiden name. I just got a Family History Report back from the South Mayo Family Research Centre and they were able to go back two generations further than I had, from my great-great-grandfather.
Please contact me if any information corresponds to yours!
All births in Westport, County Mayo, unless otherwise stated:

John Kerrigan, born Westport, County Mayo, abt 1780's, married Julia Gaughan (b. abt. 1788 died September 06, 1873), had son:

Thomas Kerrigan, born about 1834, died after 1901 (in the Westport census), married Bridget Gallagher (born about 1831, died after 1901 in Westport), married June 22, 1854 in Westport RC Church.

They had six children:
Michael (my great-great-grandfather)
Julia
Thomas
Mary
Patrick born December 01, 1867, married Mary Ellen Finnerty
Baby Girl

Michael was born June 28, 1856, married Mary O'Malley on June 11, 1876 in Westport RC Church.

They had the following children in Westport: Martin (my great-grandfather), Mary, Elizabeth, and Delia (Bridget). They emigrated to the US and settled in Chicago in 1883.
In Chicago, they had Thomas Francis, Austin, Michael Joseph, Francis, and William.

Michael's (Martin's father) brother Patrick had eight children with his wife, Mary Ellen Finnerty. Julia, Michael, Mary Ellen, Patrick "PJ", Thomas, Edward, Bridget, and Martin. Some of Patrick's children emigrated to the US and settled in Albany, New York.

kerrigan

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 04, 2004 10:44 am

Hi Marie
if you don't mind how do you contact the south Mayo research centre
colin kerrigan keg@primus.com.au

Marie

Re: kerrigan

Postby Marie » Tue Oct 05, 2004 3:34 am

[quote="Anonymous"]Hi Marie
if you don't mind how do you contact the south Mayo research centre
colin kerrigan keg@primus.com.au[/quote]

Hi, Colin,
They have a web site:
http://mayo.irishroots.net/centres.htm#South

and here is their address and phone:
South Mayo Family Research Centre
Main Street
Ballinrobe
Co Mayo
Ireland

Tel: + 353 (0) 94 954 1214
Fax: + 353 (0) 94 954 1214

e-mail address:soumayo@iol.ie

They did a really wonderful job.
About ten years ago, I requested a preliminary search for a very small fee. I don't know what it is today but at the time it was $25 US and they gave me some great information, including my great-grandfather's parents names and confirmed my great-grandfather's siblings births. I already had Martin's birth certificate through an LDS microfilm for Westport.
The preliminary search also lets you know if they have enough information there to do a full search, which they said they did but recommended that I find Mary O'Malley's mother's maiden name.
I was able to find out that Mary's (my great-great-grandmother's) mother's name was Elizabeth Winters, and they also did research on the Winters line also.
The full search was $350 US which included a hard bound book, and they allowed payment by a US check.
It took a little longer than expected but was very much worth the wait, and made this Kerrigan family very happy! I ordered an extra book for my Dad and just gave it to him as a birthday gift and he was just thrilled. It included the Kerrigan coat of arms, a history of the Kerrigan name, and some copies of the 1901 census, as well as the family information they found, referenced to RC church records and civil records.
Hope this helps!
Marie

coli kerrigan

Irish roots

Postby coli kerrigan » Fri Oct 08, 2004 1:45 am

Hi Marie
Thanks for that great information I will email them and hope that I have some luck as you did
colin :P

Return to “General Discussion”